Show up at 11:45 a.m. at the Cultural Awareness Center on the day of the Poetry Slam (Wednesday, February 27th) to confirm your spot in the competition.
POETRY SLAM RULES:
• You MUST be enrolled at Sacramento City College during the current semester (Spring 2013) to participate in the Poetry Slam.
• You will be limited to 3 minutes, so pick your best poem! (One poem per contestant.)
• Sacramento City College follows a “student code of conduct” in which students are expected to dress, behave, and present themselves respectfully and appropriately.
• During the Poetry Slam, it is NOT acceptable to use derogatory language, to threaten, or to direct any form of hate to other students, staff, faculty, or administrators. Your poetry should be clean, positive, and tasteful.
• Students who do not follow the rules of the Poetry Slam will face consequences.
• There will be prizes for 1st and 2nd place. Judges will select the winner.
For more information, please contact Tanya Anderson at 916-650-2914.